The Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology with a concentration in Pre-Physical Therapy allows a student to take specific courses required for admission into one of the four Physical Therapy schools in Georgia. It is important to check with the specific Universities/Colleges offering the Doctor of Physical Therapy degree for all entrance requirements.
Emmanuel College has 66 student athletes named to the Southern States Athletic Conference (SSAC) All-Academic Team for the 2012-13 school year.
To be named to the team, athletes must be in their varsity season of competition, have earned at least 24 credit hours, and have at least a 3.25 cumulative GPA in all courses attempted.
The 66 awards in this one academic year surpass the total number over the last four years combined. From 2008 - 2011, 63 EC athletes earned this recognition with 25 of those in the 2011–12 academic year.
Montage by Moonlight,
6 p.m. Thursday, April 25,
Swails Center -
The staff of Montage, Emmanuel College’s annual literary magazine, is proud to present Montage by Moonlight, the magazine’s annual release party.
This celebration showcases some of the magazine's wide range of talent, such as poetry, storytelling and art with a cake reception to follow.
Students enrolled in EN210 Literary Writing Workshop each Spring Semester create the magazine, which is made up of submissions from Emmanuel's students along with some employees and alumni.
What Is The Academic Resource Center?
The ARC is a free service provided to all students. Tutoring sessions are one-on-one and are generally 30 minutes to 1 hour long. Tutors are upperclassmen students who are chosen by their departments and trained in tutoring techniques. They can offer academic advice, explain difficult concepts, help with projects and papers, and act as expert study partners as you prepare for quizzes, tests, and finals.
Location: Aaron 100
Phone: Ext. 2633
Monday 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. (quiet testing hours only from 3 - 5 p.m.)
Tuesday 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (closed for Convocation 10:30-12:30)
Wednesday 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. (quiet testing hours only from 1 - 3 p.m.)
Friday 8:30 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Subjects Offered: Business, Christian ministries, communication, English, French, history, math, music, psychology, science, Spanish, study skills, test proctoring, time management, writing
How the Academic Resource Center Can Help
- TESTS: Our trained tutors can help you study for tests and quizzes. The tutors know their subjects well and have also been trained in study techniques. Bring your books, notes, study guides, and any other study aids like flash cards with you and take advantage of a study partner who has taken the class and done well.
- COMPREHENSION: You can meet for one-on-one help with a difficult class on a regular basis, or just once or twice. Or, if you find college textbooks hard to read and comprehend, a tutor can give you some reading comprehension pointers. If you are performing poorly on reading quizzes, bring the book to the tutor and have him or her ask questions from the chapter to prepare you for the quiz.
- PAPERS: A writing tutor can help look over a paper draft to check for grammar issues and the development of the thesis. The tutor can also help you brainstorm and work through the various drafts. The more drafts and revision you go through, the better the end result will be.
- INFORMATION: We also have resources like informational handouts and documentation style manuals (MLA, APA, AP, and Turabian). These resources are available any time the ARC is open. Some of the handouts are also posted in Forms and Documents in the CRIS system.
- STUDY SKILLS AND TIME MANAGEMENT: Tutors are trained to help with general study skills and time management. If what you’ve been doing for a course hasn’t worked well, a tutor can suggest different ways to study. Remember, the tutor has been through the class already and might have insight into how the professor tests. Tutors can also advise you about how to juggle a 36-hour, full-time college commitment.
- TEST PROCTORING: You and your professor can also make arrangements for you to take make-up tests in the ARC. The ARC is available for this service during all our operating hours, but if you would like a guaranteed quiet testing environment, please come during our regularly scheduled, designated testing hours, which will be posted in Aaron 207.
If you have any questions about the Academic Resource Center, please contact Karen Compton at email@example.com.
It is easier than ever to keep up to date with campus news and events and stay connected with former classmates!
Thank you for allowing us to help you to stay informed and in touch!
Questions? Please email EmmanuelNews@ec.edu or call 800-860-8600.
Need to update your contact information? Click here!
The Bar-H Barbeque LionChase 5K is Friday, April 12, at Royston Wellness Park. All proceeds benefit the mission trip fund for students at Emmanuel.
The Family Fun Run is free for all ages, and the 5K is $15 or $5 with an Emmanuel College ID.
Start times are 7 p.m. for the free Family Fun Run and 7:15 p.m. for the 5K run/walk. Race day registration begins at 5:30 p.m. T-shirts are guaranteed only to the first 100 runners who preregister online at http://www.goeclions.com/article/845.php.
This year’s spring musical at Emmanuel College is The Secret Garden. Show times are Fridays and Saturdays, April 5-6 and 12-13, at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 14, at 2:30 p.m. at the John W. Swails Center on campus.
Doors open one hour before, and general admission tickets are $10. Tickets are $5 for faculty/staff and $1 for students.
Emmanuel College is one of only 14 colleges in Georgia named to the U.S. President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for 2013.
This is the third consecutive year for Emmanuel to earn this highest honor a college or university can receive for its commitment to volunteering, service learning and civic engagement.
We have found that many people have trouble knowing which major is right for the career they want to pursue. After all, the major and the career names aren't always the same. Below you will see careers listed along with the best degree we offer which will prepare you for that field. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to call us at 1-800-860-8800.
Take advantage of a great deal on Summer School
Emmanuel College is offering summer classes at a reduced rate of only $175 per credit hour!
To APPLY, click here or call us at 1-800-860-8800.
Transient Students (student’s who are currently enrolled at other institutions) should contact Debra Grizzle, Registrar, for information on enrollment processes.
Click here to see the courses we are offering for Summer 2016. On courses page, choose "Summer 2016" in the Semester drop down box and then click the red "See Classes" button.
May 11 – 24
May 25 - June 8
June 9 - June 22
June 23 - July 7
May 11 – June 8
June 9 - July 7
June 9 - July 21
Only $175 per credit hour