The Georgia Valedictorian Scholarship is an institutional program that recognizes superior academic performance.
Incoming freshmen and transfer freshmen who have attempted less than 12 credit hours in college, selected as valedictorian of their graduating class and are entering a degree program at Emmanuel College are eligible for this scholarship. (The graduating class must have at least ten graduates)
Incoming transfer students who have attempted 12 or more credit hours in college with a 3.65 cumulative GPA for all coursework attempted, selected as valedictorian of their high school graduating class and are entering a degree program at Emmanuel College are eligible for this scholarship. (The graduating class must have at least ten graduates)
For 2010-2011, the award is $4,385 per semester or $8,770 per year (tuition minus the HOPE Scholarship and the Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant). Students beginning enrollment during the spring semester are eligible to receive this scholarship. This scholarship is not available during the summer semester.
Students receiving the Georgia Valedictorian Scholarship are not eligible to receive the Georgia IPHC/CHC Valedictorian, IPHC/CHC Valedictorian, Trustee’s Academic, President’s Academic, Dean’s Academic, Faculty Academic, Academic or Achiever Scholarship.
For incoming freshmen, high school transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
For incoming transfers, high school transcripts and all college transcripts must be submitted to the Office of Admissions for evaluation.
The Emmanuel College Application for Financial Aid and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are the applications for this scholarship. These applications need to be completed each year. The HOPE Scholarship and Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant Applications must be completed if a resident in the State of Georgia.
The student must maintain a 3.65 cumulative GPA for all coursework attempted. The Office of Financial Aid determines continuing eligibility for the next award year at the close of each spring semester.
A recipient cannot receive this scholarship for more than eight semesters.
The recipient of this scholarship must qualify as follows:
- Must be officially accepted for admission and enrolled as a full-time degree seeking student at Emmanuel College within seven months following high school graduation;
- Be a legal resident of Georgia 12 months prior to high school graduation;
- Be a U.S. citizen or national of the U.S. or have evidence from INS of eligible permanent resident alien status;
- Must have a completed Financial Aid file by June 15th;
- Must be coordinated with other financial aid awarded;
- This scholarship is non-transferable to other students or to any other institution;
- This scholarship is not redeemable for cash.