The Emmanuel Leadership Initiative (ELI) Scholarship is an institutional program that recognizes students with outstanding leadership skills.
For 2013-2014, the award is up to $8,400 per semester or $16,800 per year (see below chart). A maximum of two leadership scholarships will be awarded to full-time, degree-seeking freshmen each year with the total number of scholarships at any given time not to exceed eight.
Type of ELI Scholarship
For students who are non-Georgia residents (full tuition)
For students who are Georgia residents with Zell Miller(3.2 and up)
For students who are Georgia residents with HOPE
This scholarship must be coordinated with other financial aid awarded at Emmanuel. If this scholarship is awarded in conjunction with any of the aid programs listed below, the total amount of scholarships and grants cannot exceed the cost of tuition and residence charges. If exceeded, the below scholarships will be adjusted: Athletic Scholarship, Founders Scholarship, Tuition Exchange Scholarship and Qualified Tuition Reduction.
- Initial Award:
- The application deadline in March 15th
- Must represent exemplary servant leadership within the student’s church, school, and community
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have at the minimum a 3.5 GPA and scored at least 1000 on SAT or 21 on ACT
- Must have completed the FAFSA, the Emmanuel College Application for Financial Aid and the ELI Scholarship Application (click here to download). Georgia residents must also complete the HOPE Scholarship and Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant Application (GA411). All the applications except the ELI Scholarship Application are available on the Net Partner website here.
- Award Renewal:
- After the initial award year, this scholarship is renewable for a maximum of three more years if the following criteria continue to be met:
- Must participate faithfully in the Emmanuel College ELI program
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must have completed the FAFSA and the ELI Scholarship Application (click here to download). Georgia residents must also complete the GA411 Application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my financial need be considered as a factor in my receiving this scholarship? No
- What is the deadline for my application? March 15th
- When will I be notified if I have been awarded this scholarship? Within one month of application deadline
- How is my activity resume being evaluated? Please contact ELI Sponsor Tracy Reynolds for an explanation of the point system used for evaluation.