The Emmanuel Leadership Initiative (ELI) Scholarship is an institutional program that recognizes students with outstanding leadership skills.
For 2015-2016, the award is up to $9,270 per semester or $18,540 per year. A maximum of one leadership scholarship will be awarded to full-time, degree-seeking freshmen each year.
This scholarship must be coordinated with other financial aid awarded at Emmanuel. A recipient of the ELI Scholarship will not be awarded any other institutional aid.
- Initial Award:
- The application deadline in March 15th
- Must represent exemplary servant leadership within the student’s church, school, and community
- Must be a graduating high school senior
- Must have at the minimum a 3.5 GPA and scored at least 1000 on SAT or 21 on ACT
- Must have completed the FAFSA, the Emmanuel College Application for Financial Aid and the ELI Scholarship Application (click here to download). Georgia residents must also complete the HOPE Scholarship and Georgia Tuition Equalization Grant Application (GA411). All the applications except the ELI Scholarship Application are available on the Net Partner website here.
- Award Renewal:
- After the initial award year, this scholarship is renewable for a maximum of three more years if the following criteria continue to be met:
- Must participate faithfully in the Emmanuel College ELI program
- Must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must have completed the FAFSA and the ELI Scholarship Application (click here to download). Georgia residents must also complete the GA411 Application.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will my financial need be considered as a factor in my receiving this scholarship? No
- What is the deadline for my application? March 15th
- When will I be notified if I have been awarded this scholarship? Within one month of application deadline
- How is my activity resume being evaluated? Please contact ELI Sponsor Tracy Reynolds for an explanation of the point system used for evaluation.