The Kinesiology Department at Emmanuel College offers the following degree programs:
Goals and Outcomes
- To provide the education and training through kinesiology courses that are essential to successful employment after graduation.
- To provide a Christian worldview of sports in our society and the importance of an active and healthy lifestyle.
STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES
Graduates of the Kinesiology program should be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge base appropriate to an undergraduate kinesiology program of study as it applies,but is not limited to, the following areas: physical education and sport history; physical fitness, first aid, and safety principles; individual and team sports skills; personal and community health; nutrition and diet planning; the use of physical activities to meet the needs of the physically disabled; and the science of Kinesiology including human body movement activity functions and motor skills learning, athletic training care and injury prevention, exercise testing and prescriptions, and principles of health fitness.
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate effectively in the workplace both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate an ability to express their Christian worldview of sports.
- Demonstrate an ability to perform research pertinent to the study of undergraduate Kinesiology, including (but not limited to) the use of statistical measurement to report findings of interest.
- Demonstrate an ability to work well in teams.