Emmanuel College Honors Program
Engaging minds, spirits, and relationships
In the Emmanuel College Honors Program, a Christ-centered scholarly community, students and faculty collaborate in intellectual inquiry, engage with diverse academic disciplines as responsible writers and researchers, serve and learn for the sake of others, and grow together spiritually.
- Offers an enhanced set of core classes that provide greater academic opportunities
- Enhances post-graduate acceptance and vocational position
- Engages a close knit group of classmates for four years in Honors sections of 17-22 hours of core classes that are enriching and intellectually stimulating
- Develops close relationships with other students and faculty who enjoy intellectual challenges
Honors Degree Benefits
- Interactive student-centered classes that inspire creativity
- Mentoring and personal attention from the honors faculty
- Priority class registration
- Graduation ceremony honors
- Annotated diploma
Admissions to Program
The Emmanuel College Honors Program will select 24 students each year who demonstrate a strong academic record, motivation to excel, creativity and leadership. Incoming freshmen who meet two of the following criteria are encouraged to apply for admittance to the Honors Program:
- A minimum SAT score of 1000 (combined Reading and Math) or ACT equivalent
- A minimum SAT Writing score of 500 or ACT equivalent
- A minimum hich school GPA of 3.25 or top 10% of graduating class
- Evidence of a commitment to excel in an academically stimulating environment
Students who meet two of the requirements above will be invited to apply, but any first-year student motivated to participate in the Honors Program is welcome to submit an application. Applications (including an essay and a letter of recommendation demonstrating academic excellence) submitted by June 1 will be reviewed by the Honors Committee and 24 will receive a letter of invitation. Incomplete or late applications may not be considered.
To apply to the Honor's Program, fill out the application and email it to email@example.com or mail it to Emmanuel College - Dr. Leslie Boucher PO Box 129, Franklin Springs, GA 30639. The application can be found HERE . Make sure you right click and choose "save link as." Then open the application from wherever you saved it, fill it out, and send it in. If you just left click the link it will take you to a web version that cannot be filled out electronically.
- After the Honors Committee has examined the application materials and determined each student’s eligibility, it will choose the top 24 applicants
- The selected applicants will receive a letter of invitation from the Honors Committee
Honors Program Contacts
Dr. Leslie Boucher
Click the image below to view the Honors Program Brochure.